View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2021, 06:01 PM   #9
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
back when I had a bike repair shop in south Redding CA. I had a large parts cleaner basin tank that was maintained by someone else.
that was all I had to clean parts with and I used it a bunch !
I did buy a sand blaster to sand blast the underside and back of some 18 wheelers my Dad had to paint... we had a autobody and motorcycle repair shop in the same building at the time... and when things were slow I helped him out for a little extra cash , it worked out good for both of us !
back then, the carbs were not so hard to get clean as they are now days
but with the advent of the constant velocity carbs they got tougher real fast !
....sounds as if it's a TRY everything at your disposal to get them clean including Ultrasonic cleaner, soda blasting, Chem dip and high pressure Air...
and THAT is considered the NORM now.... which simply means that the carburetors now days are Borked ! it takes too much maintenance to use them.
with that thought , there must be a better alternative like lectron carburetors or something some attendance free type of carburetor.
Now my question is has anyone used any other type of carb on the Ninja?
I know there have been conversions to fuel injection, but that's technically not a carburetor....OR EASY !
Bob....
With a Lectron carburetors you going to need build 2 into 1 intake manifold and replace throttle and cable and modify the your air box

but the Genuine Keihin Fuel Carburetor Carb Roundslide CR31 for EX250 is still cheaper here on eBays

The thing with conversions to fuel injection is not cheap that biggest problem
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote