View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2022, 05:29 AM   #20
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Not to revive this thread but to let ya know I did finally get a ultrasonic cleaner
a small one only 2 liters but enough to hold one carb at a time.
... I won't bother with Soda blasting as i don't believe that would be effective
at cleaning a inside passage way, more likely plug it up even worse !
besides who has a blasting cabinet? and if you attempt doing it without a cabinet, you'll be white as a ghost !
high pressure water would be as good if not better but unless you want to be soaked from head to foot that's not such a grand idea either !
in reality I think the best bet is clean it the best you can with your probes and brushes and then throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner for as long as you dare
and then clean it again with carb cleaner is the best your going to get
.....anything more than that would be turning the act of carb cleaning into a religion....and while that may be fine for some it's not my cup of tea i just want the carbs clean so they will work.... I could care less if I follow established procedure or not...as long as they work....
so I will find a way that works for me !
and soda blasting ain't it because about 1/2" into the tiny passageway that light soda is going to stop and if you have mostly air going through it and little soda ...what is the point ? you'd have to be there for an hour on the one passage way to get any kind of cleaning at all.
that's my take on the subject..... and you see how well it has worked for me
( it hasn't ! ) so obviously i don't know S@#T about it so don't listen to me !
LOL
Bob.......