View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2021, 08:28 AM   #7
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
How to keep your skills up is a tough one as there is no real substitute to riding
even if it's just to the grocery store , you use it or you loose it...its that simple
so don't wait for the opportunity to ride, look and find the opportunity to ride
there is a big difference there.
A year of absence from riding and you have to get the feel all over again
I know I just have done 2 years without riding and i"m like a newbee !
my balance is gone the judgement on when to brake is gone and if you throw in a different bike it just complicates it even more
so Ride... force yourself to ride even if it's only a short jaunt, at least once a week a 10 minute ride will keep the memory fresh it's far better than having to start at ground zero like me, 2 years is too long !
Bob.......
I feel like riding the dirt and trails and practicing as much as possible has helped a ton. I finally got out on a sportibke, a borrowed KTM 390 and had a blast- it wasn't too bad at all and I felt super comfortable and natural on the bike! Can't wait to get back to coaching!!! I have been doing a ton of riding clinics, learning enduro skills and keeping up with my visual skills in a different kind of environment (through trails instead of pavement) but every time I drive or ride anywhere I try and make sure I'm practicing something!

What are some of the things you keep going back to practicing while riding? What do you think is your most practiced skill?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote