Old November 21st, 2021, 04:46 AM   #57
SuspectPage3
ninjette.org member

Name: Chinmay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
DIRTY CARBURATOR buddy !
sounds like the main jet is completely plugged in one or both of the carbs.
... remove the fairings and tank and pull both carbs put them on the bench and strip them completely.... clean every hole ! ( just squirting carb cleaner in each hole is not enough).
I bought a carb cleaning brush set on e-bay and a carb cleaning wire probe set
those tools help immensely ! DO NOT get carb cleaner on the carb rubber parts
keep each carb separate from each other and be careful ! this is delicate work
it will take you all day ! and it's not an easy job.
good luck
Bob.......
Yes, that's my plan for all day tomorrow, although I am a complete noob when it comes to engines, but I have been watching vids on YouTube and have gotten a bit of understanding on removing fairings and carbs etc... I feel like I'd be able to take things apart, it's just knowing where the problem is?
Until I put things back together and go for a ride, I don't know if I fixed the issue or not. Identifying the problem is the challenge as I don't know what I am looking for :/

I should have had pre-ordered things from ebay or something, as if not for tomorrow, I don't know when my next day off work would be. Last resort would be take her to a mechanic. But I'd rather fix her myself (more so far my own enjoyment and the feeling that I fixed things, but if it goes south, then I'd go to a mechanic). Hopefully I will have an update by this time tomorrow,
SuspectPage3 is offline   Reply With Quote