View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2022, 01:58 PM   #47
How2
ninjette.org member

Name: Me

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Yep that is an idle circuit plug symptom i believe the flow of gas is restricted
in that circuit somewhere.... and it can't get enough fuel to idle
I'd suggest you open the fuel air screws to 2 ~2-1/2 turns don't follow the manual on fuel air screws on this setting .... ( that's what I found)
My bike would run great on one cylinder but on 2 at higher rpm
denoting a plugged idle circuit in the dead side... I am a retired motorcycle mechanic, I know carbs but these bastards are something else !
I had them off 3 times to clean them and finally got it to run right....
and now a few months later that crappy running is back....
..... seriously Ducattiman is your best answer to this problem there is a secret to cleaning these things that I have not found yet !
.... you have to follow the idle circuit with a fine tooth comb and get those tiny passage ways super clean... other wise you will continue to fight it like I am doing !
Bob......

Hey Bob

I will do the test ride when it warms up. Guess I am too cheap to send these little turds out! Its gotten personal now with those things!!

(And I am going to sell the bike in the spring)

As your carbs ran ok for a time, then the problem came back, my guess is there was scale or a bit of sand that hung up in the passage way.

I did not boil these carbs during the clean and may end up doing that for the idle circuit, since the bike only had 1900 miles on it.

Thanks for reaching out, I'll keep you posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210829_133154.jpg (105.6 KB, 1 views)
How2 is offline   Reply With Quote