View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2022, 04:39 PM   #52
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrailers View Post
They are in Gordon's hands now and he found that the needle jets were wrong amoung other things. Clearly they were in the hands of a carb hack before I got this bike. No wonder now why I was having such trouble with them.
thats quoted from the thread you posted @DannoXYZ. tomorrow i think I am going to go through them entirely to see if mine seems right. if not I might DM Ducatiman. I am pretty certain they have all the right internals since it didnt run right with the internals from my other bike. Even though I am technically the first owner the local shop I bought it from "went through the carbs" before I bought it and at the time their shop wasnt the best at keeping quality work. It did sit for about 6 years so its probably plasticized gas stopping up vent or vac lines inside the carbs. Theres nothing else it would really be other than carbs. Especially considering when I used to ride the bike it was always a question if it would even start in the 60ºs and below and to be honest even on 100º days sometimes it didnt want to start well I think the two separate times it sat unused is the reason not that its missing anything

I bought the bike in 2011 I think with 4 miles on it. Since its a 2007 model it was built in 2006. 5 years of sitting before I bought it and 5-6 years since I rode it last

I will post a picture full disassembled and yall can tell me what yall see
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote