Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2022, 02:35 PM   #61
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

that's a start.... yes that is what you need to do but to ALL the circuit's of the carburetor !
mostly the Idle circuit where the fuel comes from , where it goes and where it exits...
and while your there clean the main jet circuit as well where it gets it's fuel how it is transferred and where it exits it all has to be free of blockages and then it will work like new...
the choke circuit is also very important ...put it back on after you clean the passage ways.... trying to use a carburetor that is not all put together is silly put it back to stock condition that is the only way you will know that it will work.... if you take the choke out you do not know if the carb will work at all !
I remember taking the accelerator pump out of a single barrel carb on my Old dodge pickup blocking up the holes and attempting to get the truck running after i did....
I had to dump alot of gas down the throat of the carb just to get it started ... then it would fall on its face when I hit the throttle ( obviously) it was a pain in the ass to drive like that ! yes it gave me alot better MPG which was the goal but it was not worth it
and I put it all back on ! ..... carbs are made the way they are for a reason !

Bob.....