Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2022, 05:36 PM   #97
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yah ! but that is the case with Humans in general your not alone in that.... no one is perfect..... Not even Ducattiman ! though you can't tell by looking ! LOL
I figured you needed to see that, because usually Danno is far ahead of us in the thinking proccess he knew what to post ! thank Danno not me !
Triple Jim is the same way..... when either one of them speak it behoves you to listen and consider what they say.... myself not so much, i'm just a Ranch kid that got good with motorcycles as a kid and hung with it through life , I've had my own bike shop 2 times and did well.... but not fantastic so I went to higher paying jobs ....now I mess with bikes because I want to, not because I have to
they are a part of me, always have been !
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...and I know that others are far and away brighter than I .... but I have learned alot about bikes in my 68 years on this planet.... and it's served me well.
Now I am about to embark on a new adventure with a completely modern New bike.... and to be quite honest I am a bit intimidated ! this will be the 2nd new bike I have ever owned all the rest were used, and most used up already !!! but enough of that !
.... looks like it's time to put those carbs on and SEE if you did it right !
there is no shame in failing the shame is not trying !
I actually think you will have succeeded in getting those things clean... now tuning them is another story... and I ain't going to be much help there as I haven't had my 2012 250R long enough to try and Hop it up ! to me it's great the way it is ! but Danno and Triple Jim have been playing with them for decades ! look to them for help ! their good ! not to mention many others but they are usually here and that is what counts when you need a fast answer !
which reminds me I need to order a rebuild kit or another petcock for the ninja... mine leaks ! never shuts off and I've had it apart and it looks good !
later !
Bob.......