Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2022, 03:37 AM   #157
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

lol that's a mighty fancy repair there Danno well done ! I hope I never have to do that !
I've been considering buying a small TIG welder for stuff like that but I don't think i can justify the expense as my stick welder can do it as well, just not as pretty.... and learning how to use that TIG welder may well take a long time !
LOL..... but it would be fun I think ! I've always wanted to weld up aluminum
every sense I was a Kid ! but never had a tig welder !
I did have a AC/DC stick welder and the aluminum Rod it takes which is the way I went on the Ranch and welded several motorcycle cases that had rock punctures in them and it worked fairly well... but I am not set up for aluminum welding any more...unfortunately. if I remember right Aluminum stick welding takes DC .
I was looking at the shop yesterday and I have been thinking I can get more room in there by re arangeing a few things... and I can squeeze in the small pellet stove to warm up the shop..... that would be a very nice and much needed addition ! but that is a ton of work.... and I will have a new bike here in a few days that needs miles on it.... I think I will put off that job for a long time yet ! LOL.....
Bob.....