Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2022, 03:37 PM   #166
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Danno do you have a TIG unit ? if so how long does the argon last you...
that is a big concern for me as the nearest welding supply place is 70~80 miles away..... and you know they would charge alot to deliver a argon bottle !
..... but using that small arc has got to be the best method i really want to try that.... I think I can get a decent Tig welder for around $500-600 bucks
but not knowing much about it makes me apprehensive... the tunstion and the tips for the torch can run up the bill as well this old tony calls them "consumables" but throwing away $200 bucks at a whack for TIG stuff is scary to me ! LOL
the cheaper end Tig welders seam to lack all the accessories you need
and thuss are not actually cheap .... by the time you by the torch ,foot peddle
torch tips and collets you've added $300 bucks to a $200 dollar tig and got a low end welder.... it looks like getting the welder under a thousand bucks
with everything...is the way to go....but that is alot of money for a toy for me.... I dunno I gott'a think on it a while I think I could use it and would be good at it.... but is it really necessary ...that's the question ! LOL
the Harbor freight Tig welders seam to be fairly good and reasonable
i've been looking at them alot !
Time for coffee !
later !
Bob......