Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2022, 09:03 PM   #184
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

OK try this put your hand over one of the carbs when you throttle up
..just for a second and then take your hand off quickly
what that does is give it a burst of fuel as it's trying to rev up see if that makes it pick up rpm for a second
... the other day you said it reved fine but would not idle what has changed sense then .... vacuum lines ?
having a vacuum line not connected will do exactly what you are experiencing
or worse if the vacuum line is in the wrong place... refer to the manual for your bike and look at the hose diagram ..it is critical that they be in the right place.... check both ends of the hoses ...it's easy to assume that the one end on the carb is on the right place but the other end could be on the wrong one
and thus causing it to be extremely lean and not take throttle !
.... I can't do that for you, You have to do it because the bike is in front of you and not me ! be sure you have the right year and model of bike when looking for the hose diagram that is very important as they frequently change those things !

sense it was reving ok and now isn't I think you have a vacuum hose problem still.... leave the settings of the carbs alone and just concentrate on getting the vacuum lines in their proper place....
.....that's my advice ! (for what it's worth !)
Bob.....