View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2022, 02:53 AM   #14
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I didn't get a chance to take the new bike out for a spin today I had to run to town and get milk,beer and other stuff ! LOL...
looking closer at lowering the front forks and it looks like I might be able to go 2.5" but that will be the absolute max as there is a taper below the upper cap
it starts the taper at about 2.5" down ....(the fork tube gets bigger at the bottom clamp.)
the allen head bolts are #6 mm and I have neglected to get normal long allen wrenches in metric yet... i got t-handles but not the long metric ones that I need.....( and I thought I had it all covered too LOL)oh well best laid plans and all that !
.... I noticed I'm missing a bolt that holds the crash pan on too...
.... turned on the key and hit the starter and it didn't make a full revolution and it was running.... this bike starts like that.... and I really do like that part !
I will probably have to take off all that fancy fairing and stuff just to be able to get to the front forks to loosen the triple tree clamp bolts...i expect so
but i should pull off the right side to check the coolant level anyway.... you can't see the coolant level without doing that.... what were they thinking? the Ninja is the same way ! Aurgh ! i suppose your supposed to take it to your dealer for those checkups right ? LOL
..... some times the old ways are much better !
LOL....
Bob.......