View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2022, 10:52 PM   #16
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL I got up in plenty of time to take the RX4 out for a ride but never did...
instead I put it back into the shop and lowered the front end about an inch...
found a bolt for the crash plate that was missing and am NOW all set to take it for a ride....
I took off the right plastic panel in front of the tank to get to the pinch bolts on the lower triple tree and on the other side I thought I could get in there with the allen wrench if the wheel was turned just right and sure enough I could... so I raised both front fork tubes in the triple trees to where they were touching the handle bars ( bottom side) and that lowered the front by almost a full inch
....I sat on it and could almost touch flat footed in my slippers !!!!! that is a first!
I also tried to get insurance through Geico last night and they wound up saying call them so after an hour and a half of frustration at their site I turned it off and went to bed.... today the fife checks the bank and I have 2 charges one for 111 bucks and another for 171 bucks and the only place I even tried to spend money was at Geico insurance ! but it said to call them so I canceled it .... GRRRRR i bet you dollars to donuts those idiots added 2 new policies not one and charged me for the most expensive one even though I canceled it ! OBVIOUSLY I have to call them and talk to a human which will take forever on hold ! GRRRR ! i am getting very tired of Geico already.... they screwed up the insurance for the ninja as well, and the DMV threatened to cancel the licenses on the triumph because they didn't report it to the DMV.... it's like can they do anything right ?
anyway.... after getting on and off the bike a few times I think it will do for now... I may lower it more later depending on how it handles ( the bar risers will be here tomorrow ! )
i then turned the handle bars to full lock on the right side and the bike tried to fall in that direction scared the **** out of me but it wasn't even close to going over..... so it looks like the next project is shortening the side stand !
it's just too vertical now for the side stand with the wheel straight it's fine but if you turn it all the way it will tip over.... not good !
I had to shorten the Ninja's side stand as well so why not this one ! LOL
BEING SHORT SUCKS ! LOL
later !
Bob......