View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2018, 06:04 PM   #33
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
@jkv45 (since you said you think the program failed me) and anyone else that has read/responded to this thread.

should I say something to whoever is in charge of the Motorcycle Ohio program?

I just keep thinking about how yesterday went.

1. How I was forced to take a bike that was uncomfortable to me because of my height when I had made my concerns known ahead of time due to reading what people have taken the MSF have said about different low bikes available or having a bike lowered for them and other coaches in the program stated they would have let me ride on tippy toes/one foot down if I was comfortable that way.

2. I had thought I remembered reading that in the MSF the coach will show you the diagram of what you are doing then show you on a bike before having the class do it. It was confirmed by a rider on Reddit that just passed his MSF today. His class had 8 people to 1 instructor because the other didn't show, but they still took the time to get everyone on the same page. This class all we got was a look at the diagram and a description of what we were going to do (this was done not for each exercise but multiple at a time). I kept getting lost because I needed more time to get things right. Seeing each exercise done on a bike first would have helped me to remember what to do.

3. barely any feedback when it came to exercises where we went around the range. I was basically having to ask the questions to try and figure out how I was doing when stopping at one of the coaches because the only feedback I would get otherwise was to stop flinstoning my feet when coming to a stop cuz I could break my ankles. The younger one would ask if I was ok or how i was feeling, but I'm talking constructive feedback.

4. being rushed because everyone else was picking it up immediately.

I just can't help but feel it could have been done better, but at the same time I know I was the only slow one in the group, so I'm not sure, you know?

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote