View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2016, 09:12 PM   #20
Burphel
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Bonneville, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Thank you for sharing that. After checking it out, you're pretty lucky to have something like that covered by your employer. I don't have insurance (dancers don't exactly get benefits lol) since it's cheaper for me to just pay the IRS the fee when I do my taxes than to get Obamacare.
Something to look at, especially through the exchanges, is the benefit vs reward. And don't just look at the cheapest plans, look at what you use and the deductibles vs what it costs. If you only have to pay $25 to go see a doc instead of $100, or pay $25 for a $100 med, it starts looking pretty cheap. I was on a silver plan for a while and the Rx benefit basically meant the plan paid for itself since I take Advair ($300 a month). Paying the government to not get any benefits at all may seem cheaper, but unless you're totally healthy, it almost never is.

Have you checked into group sessions and/or talking to a priest/pastor/minister/rabbi/whatever? It's not one-on-one time with a shrink, but they're cheap/free and might help with low-level "just need to talk it out" stuff.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.