Thread: Jet Ski docks?
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #2
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

I have a previous model of that without the rollers and it works like a charm. It's just foam covered with polyethylene or whatever the plastic is. It has held up well in the Florida sun for 9 years so far with no problems and has survived some pretty good storms.
Easy to drive up on and slide off. You need to mount it over PVC pipes sunk into the bottom (mine are either 6 or 8" in diameter - whatever the size of the hole is on the float), so it slides up and down easily as the tide changes, otherwise it can mount to a floating dock or to a fixed dock if there's no tide, with a special bracket. The newer ones with the rollers are much more expensive than when I got mine, but once you get it, it's no maintenance except maybe once or twice a year you can scrape barnacles off the edge if you feel like it.
I don't know what kind of skis you have, but one good forum is http://www.seadooforum.com, they probably have info on this as well as on other skis - I haven't been there for a while but the forum is very helpful, just like here.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote