View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2022, 09:38 AM   #15
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

"We taught a lion to eat tofu", "cough, cough"
Ok..... but that's like my wife getting me to eat brussel sprouts ! I'll eat it but I don't like it ! LOL....
yes chicken and fish do work but it's not beef or venison or rabbit or even mouse....
but most dogs are happy if their tummy's full they really don't care all that much what it is most of the time... but it's fantastic if it tastes good too !
.... that reminds me of the time my wife made trail cookies there was everything but the kitchen sink in those things and they tasted like chocolate chip and bacon cookies ! they did NOT get old.... she made like 2 dozen and they were gone in 2 days ! LOL....
.... if you think feeding dogs and cats is hard try feeding a ranch where you have pigs goats horses and cows.... and in the winter you gott'a dry feed them because there is no grass or anything they can munch....
go by any ranch and you will see all the tree limbs trimmed to a certain level
where the cows can only reach so high to get the limbs off.... it's normal for them to supplement their diet when there is not much out there.... but you will play hell getting any other hay than alfalfa and oat hay ! that is why grain is so important.... without grain they will all loose weight over the winter.
because normally they would migrate to where the better food is fences not only keep them in but stop them from doing that.... and they will starve if you don't watch them closely !
We feed ourselves really well most of the time as humans but the critters under our care do not fair as well most of the time.... that's why around here they eat better than I do most of the time..... admittedly it's comercial food which isn't the best... but if I can eat it and it's not objectional and it doesn't make me sick it should be good enough for these guys ! LOL
we go through 3 - 30lb bags of Kibbles and bits cat food every month probably more but that comes to mind I just get more when we are getting low... and that is because I am feeding the entire neighborhood full of cats and the family of racoons and a skunk and opossum now and then.
that Racoon cleans up everything everywhere he misses nothing ! LOL...
Bob.....