View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2022, 03:39 PM   #26
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
A file laid flat will take off the big stuff... chances are that the aluminum on the petcock is not flat anymore so try your darn-dist to flatten it out with a file so it will seal flat.
..... man that thing is a mess ! good luck you got a long way to go !
yes a smaller charger like that will work on electrolysis most will cut back to 1.5 or 2 amps and that is all you want anyway unless your in a big hurry!
I'ed be tempted to try and silver plate the inside of the tank with a old silver spoon or fork.... If I remember correctly you need to attach the tank to the negative side and the electrode in the tank ( not touching anything but the water) is positive..... if you are trying to plate something the leads need to be reversed because electricity flows from negitive to positive ! (Not positive to negitive) set it all up and let it churn for a day or two and then replace the water and do another 2 days .... then reverse the leads and try to plate the inside with copper or silver to keep the rust at bay
be sure to check your charger periodically as they have a tendency to turn them selves off ! )most have a thermo sensor inside and turn off if they get too hot.
.... I really do hope that is not water in the bottom end I am hoping it is gasoline, although that is really bad for seals water is worse on the cylinders and oil pump !
Believe me I know how difficult it can be to live with an older person.... but you need to remember your time is coming ! and getting old is not easy ...it's the hardest thing I have ever encountered and I'm not that old yet.... I can only hope I die before I reach 90 ! as from what I've seen that is a living hell
when your body changes, your brain doesn't work half as good as it used to and your memory goes away.... it is pure torture ! it's no fun ! she needs support not ridicule as this is the hardest time in her entire life..... REMEMBER THAT..... she needs you !
Good luck !
Bob......

Not only is it not flat, it’s negative!

https://i.imgur.com/2FGvMkD.mp4

The surface around the filter screen should be nearly flush with the pin thing that blocks an unused passage. It’s now a huge cavity after cleaning most of the corrosion out. It’s so deep I might even have trouble turning this into a plug during electrolysis since the cavity intrudes on the seal.

I called it “stubborn” but my mother routinely rejects support to push forward in secret… deliberately avoiding what she sees as pushback (any suggestion contrary to her impulses). That’s why she was preparing to build a floor at the mere mention of using the walkway blocks. Consulting with me first is an opportunity to say “no” so she was just going to do it. This is the exact kind of interference that forced me to abandon it years ago. Every time I’d come over to work on it I’d find something else ruined. She’s almost 80 but she’s always been like this to some degree… more eccentric than anything else.

On that note, plans for the workspace have changed. I have some large wood panels in storage since the tornado. It’ll be a lot easier to bury a few of those walkway blocks, level them, and throw this on top versus lining the whole floor. They probably won’t fit through the entrance but if I take down the screens on the other side I can slip it over the wall to get it inside. I’m going to try and get one on top of the van after work tonight.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote