View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2018, 04:47 AM   #1
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Ninja 250/300 Super Light with Lots of Mods (New Price)

New Price: $2000.00

2017 SOAR Lightweight Endurance Championship Winner

A super fun bike that we won 5 out of 6 Endurance races with SOAR in Ontario last year when it was still a 250. (Somewhere around 10 wins total.) The bike is set up well with a Fox Twin clicker shock in the rear with custom aluminum dogbones and emulators in the front with custom mixed oil. The frame is detabbed with many mods to bring it under 290 pounds.
It should be clear, but let me just say that this bike is NOT Supersport legal and it would be a waste of time to try to go back and do that. That said, this is a very fun bike to ride It started out as a 250 and I just put a super low mileage 300 Ninja motor in it this year. I decided to forego the Ninja fuel injection hassle and stuck with the carbs and ignition from the 250. Minimal wiring harness. The exhaust is an Area P with slight mods to fit the 300 motor.It definitely pulls harder than the old 250 motor and that was pretty strong. It has two sets of stock wheels with captive spacers. and an extra 4 inch 300 Ninja rear to properly fit the 150 sized tires or the 3.5 inch rear to fit a 140 sized tire like the Pirelli Supercorsas. Also has custom quick change bits for wheel swaps in about two minutes. Faster if you practice a little. The second set has rains that are well used but they actually worked really well the last time out. Custom light weight fairing stay, Hotbodies that need a little love, they've been repaired a bunch but they can work or you could save 3 or 4 pounds by putting on a new set. Woodcraft Brake Lever guard.EBC floating rotor in the front works very well. I used it for endurance racing so it has a full dry break setup. 13, 14& 15 tooth front sprockets plus 45 and 46 tooth rears. Lithium battery, chinese rearsets, I also have at least three sets of brand new but old build date (2007) of 125cc sized slicks that'll go with the bike if you want 'em. I tried a set out at Pittrace and they worked pretty well with the rear sliding predictably when I really started to push it. Woodcraft clipons and I'm sure a bunch of little details I forgot. It's a fantastic bike in the rain too. Never thought I'd drag my knee in the wet, but this bike makes it easy. Most confidence inspiring bike in the rain that I've ever owned.
I have a fairly fresh set of Dunlop Alpha 13s on it. Only two endurance races, a sprint and a few trackdays this year.
I enjoy taking stock bikes and modifying the hell out of them, riding them for three or four years and then selling and doing it all over again. I'm looking to build a dream supermono racebike this time and the TIG welder is ready, so it's time for the little beast to go. I have a bunch of misc spare bits and a steering damper I never installed that'll go with the bike. Comes with four gallon dry break jug. Front stand customized for fast wheel swaps goes with the bike.

I can move a little on the price if you don't want the dry break setup.
Located in Buffalo NY

PM or message me at: 716 tree ait ait seven ait two four
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOAR Round Two Ninja B.jpg (69.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20181004_190531 B.jpg (257.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20181004_190542 b.jpg (261.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20181004_191242b.jpg (290.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20181004_191252b.jpg (251.9 KB, 16 views)

Last futzed with by tgold; December 4th, 2018 at 08:58 PM.