Thread: Essential gear?
View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2015, 10:47 PM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Depending on how long and into what weather you ride, your gear may change for longer rides.

An example of motorcycle boots: http://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetai...2_0_wp/101/434

Actually that's a good site for examples of everything on your list. i like Tourmaster, inexpensive, and for general riding has been awesome for three years for me.

Typically, boots with no laces or anything to get caught on pegs or pedals, high enough to guard your shin from road debris or rocks, and hefty ankle protection should you wreck and have your foot crushed or twisted by your bike. Some are solid, others have vents, and some are perforated to let a lot of air flow through.

Jacket and pants should have a good tight fit to keep armor in place. Your environment determines the choice on how much mesh to have. Personally, the window between too cold and too hot leaves me a whole whopping hour where mesh feels good. I have a solid textile jacket and pants that are fine.

Your base layer also plays into comfort on long trips. Avoid pants/shorts/underwear that has a seam between your body and the seat as it'll form an uncomfortable pressure point. I wear a top and bottom that helps keep my skin dry while also giving me a means to keep cool (LD Comforts are awesome).
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote