Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2018, 12:07 PM   #2222
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Cool

Completed the build, put about 22 miles on it yesterday.
Internal cable routing is rather noisy without internal lining... when roads are bumpy.

The frame/fork/seatpost/stem/headset/BB kit cost less than a proprietary Pinarello carbon aero seatpost.

The looks is deceiving, because the hoods are actually only 1/2" lower than my regular road bike, but still 1 1/2" higher than my TT bike.
I designate this bike as my flatland bike, majority of rides are going to be flat, with minimal elevation change. where the aero frame advantage can really benefit.

Frame looks big, because the top tube/headtube junction is normally where the top of the stem is, without any spacers on the steertube of the fork; therefore head tube looks long, frame looks bigger.
My seat height is set low for the first few test rides.

The carbon handlebar has a raised section the flat part compensates if you have low stem height and still keep the axle-hood distance similar to regular road bike.
The large flat area on the bartop is really comfortable and ergonomic, thumbs & index finger falls right where they need to be among the bends of the handlebar.
Stiffness of the bar is not as others, but I'm not sprinting among cat.1 racers in crits, so it is plenty stiff as my flatland bike.

The only drawback is the routing of the cable housings.. internal cable housing were PITA to do and cables can bind within the internal route, too a long time to setup proper.
Every time you want to replace a cable or housing, or even trim a cable housing, the process has to repeat to certain steps.

"A" is offline   Reply With Quote