View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2021, 08:32 AM   #26
falonso0
FDA

Name: Fer

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2009 and Yamaha YZF R1 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Nah, igniter and dash don't depend on each other for anything; power supplies are completely different.

Ok

This is clue... I'm going to look over wiring-diagram closely to see what kind of wiring fault would disable these lights when dash is plugged in. Dash is receive-only instruments, nothing depends upon dash to work. On my 2008 race-bike, I remove dash to save weight and everything worked exactly same. Seems you have two or three independent problems. Lights & dash and starter circuits.

Ok thanks!

1. When turn-signals flash with dash disconnected, do all FOUR flash at same time? Or can you do separate left & right signals?

No, when I disconnect the dash and turn on the key, the tail position light goes on. Then if you activate left signal its power on left light o with right signal the same thing independently. And if you press front or rear brake, turns on the tail brake light. Turn signals doesn't flash beacause front leds are on the firings and are disconnected. it's the only thing that works.

2. Remove LED turn-signals and re-install OEM incandescent bulbs in. Any other non-stock mods? Restore bike and wiring back to 100% stock OEM condition. When that is done, everything will work properly.

The only non-stock mod are turn signals front and rear. Front signals are disconected, and rear (integrated stop and signals) works fine. I tried disconnect it but nothing changed.

3. Are you using original ignition-switch that came with bike?

Yes, original that came with the bike.

4. How did you determine, "all fuse ok and the 30A fuse too it's ok. All connectors and wiring are ok,"?

Visually. Disconnecting one by one each fuse and cleaning contacts, I was trying to turn on the key (to isolate fuse circuits). No fuse was broken and no changes on each test. 30A not broken too. Connectors are tight and wiring are vissualy healthy on the whole bike. I still have to test continuity.

this time I am with a charged battery, but no chages neither.

Thanks Danno! Hopefully we find something to try