View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #1
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Where prices are INSANE!!!!

I had an 05 ninja 250 at home in Ga. and when after taking a year assignment overseas was dropped off at my mailing address airport in so. fl.. I immediately took the best small package road kawasaki i could find. From the aiport and an hour or less i tore out of browards with a brand new and one drop 08 Ninja 500 in candy apple red with mods performed eeveeeeennnnnnnn. So yah I talk the bike up if asked, although in the second breadth i take. You see the 250 will always be mine, it's been gone just to return already. The 500 is a good bike if bought late model used, but now i must say this LOUDER as many of my/our brethren 500's are so very ripe. I know one fellah who got an 09 and at full value cause "it's the last year." For some people things just don't bite however. I paid $3800 OTD to his $6k (and color choice, of course his buy black being in the tropics and all). Now after 2 years and 5k miles he''ll take $3k for it at this point. Yes i told him about the market, shipping AND destination yadayadayada.
One thing I've just realized about the 500. She's a **** or get off the pot bike. Get the 250 and live; or go to your "move up" bike. it must be why i always rode my 500 first, then get done in by my real honey bitch, my naked 250.
Anyways some of us can save money (and now mods) by buying a 500 as a starter bike, hell brand new they're $4k. There only knock has always been weight of bike as well as "new" price tag.
Just remember in the end it does not offer what our ninjettes do, I'm talking the whole list upto omnipotent, so bike adjustment will be needed eventually. When I look at bikes i look with cash from 500, never from 250 again, i am her vessel everyday from this point. I want my ninja 250 in so.fl new home and my NSR 125 over in Sligo.
I know if i was new or a young man the 500 would be it over any 250 offered.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote