Old August 28th, 2019, 09:48 PM   #35
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Pain has been manageable (not a lot of meds needed and I can sleep) but it's a hassle. It feels like someone stuck a $#@*()#@ shish kabob skewer in my shoulder because, well, that's exactly what they did. When they remove it I'm going to ask if I can keep it and use it to roast weenies and marshmallows.

::snip::

Bike is also in surprisingly good condition. It's not as pretty as it used to be and the Woodcraft frame slider is ground down but as far as I can tell, the only actual damage is a busted windshield. I have all the pieces and I plan to glue it, drill holes and stitch it together Frankenstein-style. IT'S..... ALIIIVVEEEEE!
Roasting weenies with your titanium pin, ROFL!!!

Please post pictures of your Frankensteined bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
I wear full leathers all the time, and added an airbag vest this past spring, and I can honestly say that I've only ever had one person comment about my gear. I had just parked at FedEx and was getting myself sorted out when a young guy jumped out of the utility truck a couple spots down and jogged over to me asking about my airbag vest. He was quite interested in it and was planning to get one for himself.

That's the only comment I've had, maybe I just look mean or something. I did have a co-worker tell me that I was intimidating once, which I found pretty funny since the guy who told me that was at least twice my weight in pure ripped muscle.
I hear a lot of good things about the airbag vests. People swear by them.

A lot of people tell me they couldn't stand wearing gear in the heat. I do- I like my skin. I have enough scars already.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote