View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2020, 04:24 PM   #1
sg2001
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

2008 Ninja 250 not getting gas

I recently bought a non running 2008 ninja 250r project. The carbs came disassembled, but I put them back together using pictures and diagrams from this forum. The bike only has 1000 miles on it. I bought it from a guy who planned on turning it into a race bike but he didn't have the time to work on it so I bought it, it just needs a few things here and there. The engine has compression and the spark plugs are firing just fine. However, when I take the plugs out after trying to start it they're bone dry, meaning no gas is getting to the combustion chamber. I have taken the carbs apart 5 times already, the jets are clean and there's no gunk whatsoever, and fuel is getting to the the float bowl just fine. I assume nothing is wrong with the intake valves because the motor still has compression and I can visibly see them open with the carbs off. There was some confusion on where the carb hoses went, but I have the big main fuel hose attached to the fuel petcock, the long vent hose in the middle is routed down to the rear shock, the hose bridging from the coasting enricher to the nipple on the RH carb, and the nipple on the LH carb is the vacuum line that goes directly to the petcock. (Is this correct?)

I'm not sure if there's something obvious that I'm missing, if there's something wrong with the way I have the carb setup, or something else, but fuel wil not get into either combustion chamber when I try to start it.

What could cause this?
sg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote