View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #8
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
no no no, I'm not assuming you're pulling a fast one. I just think you'll get more money for the exhaust if you sell the complete jet kit with it. It will also take less explanation to the buyer if you say, "it has stock jetting, no snorkel, and a stock exhaust" than if you tell them, "well it's jetted for a full exhaust system, but there's the stock system on it now."

Also, I think it will be too rich down low with the larger pilot jet. I know that 1/4 turn can be the difference from a bike that dies at idle and a bike that idles nicely. I imagine a larger pilot would have the same effect.

If I were to sell a bike with raised needles, that would be because the intake/exhaust required it. I would sell a bike in good running order so it performed as well on a test ride as it did for me, raising my chances of getting my asking price. So no, it's not really the same situation. I think if you're going to sell a bike, the jetting should work with the intake/exhaust. If your jetting is off, the buyer might be suspicious about the rest of the bike's maintenance history because you didn't care enough to adjust the jetting/you didn't know what you were doing.

Hope that makes more sense.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote