View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2019, 02:54 PM   #1
awiertalla
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 07Ninja 250, 04 h.d dyna, 71 cb750, 78 bigbore 750(970cc), 67 cl125a, 78 ds100

2over pistons, will not run!

The backstory:

A friend rode her 2007 ninja 300 miles, and at some point she dropped the bolt that holds the lower coolant pipe to the case, which case drained all the coolant. Brought it to me to fix, and I told her it was a complete rebuild and she sold me the bike for 100. Had 90psi on one side and 65 on the other

I bought a deal from my buddy who owns a reputable shop, 3 nonrunning ninjas and buckets of parts for 500.

I took a good head, lapped the valves and checked for leaks. I then bought new stock rings, and honed a set of cylinders and reassembled, and it would not run. It turned over and wanted to turn on, but to no avail. I pulled and cleaned the carbs (very clean already), tried again, and got nothing. Using a "new' gauge off amazon, got 30psi

I assumed the cylinders were out of round and was tired of messing with it, so I bought a set of 2 over weisco pistons, and had it professionally bored and honed to spec. I then blended the combustion chamber between the valves in order to allow for clearance of pistons. I reassembled, and I am at the same point, turns over, get some pops like it wants to run but it will not actually turn over. Using the "new" gauge off amazon, got 30psi again. I think I have a ****** tester, or there is something really wrong.

Valves are adjusted (I will double check this)
battery is charged
spark on both sides
in neutral, kickstand down
starter solenoid making noise and turning the motor over
new base and head gasket
New plugs

After all that, what are the thoughts? Could the CDI be fried after riding with no coolant? Is there a coolant switch or circuit that could be fried after riding with no coolant?
awiertalla is offline   Reply With Quote