View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #9
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
And I shall, ok boring technical stuff time,

Raising the rear changes the angle of the Swing Arm to put it more in line with the torque reaction of the chain, this reduces lift under hard drives,also they reduce the fork rake Angle and shorten the trail. these two changes quicken the steering and cause the bike to turn with less counter steering input. Finally braking is much improved by the greater weight shift to the front wheel (which does 90% of the braking). Ground clearance is improved as well allowing increased lean angle.

One must also keep in mind that suspension is a balancing act between front and rear, and matching up, spring rate, sag, height, oil viscosity, riders weight, tire pressure, and most importantly the realistic use of the bike. Sure everyone wants that cool track set-up, but if your not going to the track, then don't waste your time and money, the real world streets are so far removed from any tracks.

I hope this helps clear up some things.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.