View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2022, 09:06 PM   #40
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Not that this has anything to do with finding body armor that fits but I'll throw it out there for your entertainment....
..about 30 years ago I my wife kid and I got involved in a Club/society thing called SCA the society for creative Acronisum . in Reno, NV.
it's a Midevil era group thing that guys run around in armor that they have made and beat each other with Rattan swords a Knight and sword fight thing.
and it was a blast !
sense I've always liked working with metal I made myself 3 or 4 suits of armor and even made one for my wife....
I then decided that the gauntlets would be a good thing to have on the motorcycle as well as the vambrace's ! . and I made protection for my boots as well.... I must have been a sight for sure half medieval armor, helmet and normal riding gloves with metal gauntlets over the top ! and shinnie boots
..... the problem was the weight, fully suited up I gained 98 lbs !
in my armor it was good armor legal for the SCA and articulated in every respect.... took a long time to make it too
But having fallen hard in the dirt many times I know THAT IS the kind or armor you really need for dirt bike riding !!!!! not plastic good o'l steel !

LOL.....
Bob.........