View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2022, 06:36 PM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well I put the carb on the 250 today but I do NOT like it
the intake manifold holds the carb at a fairly steep angle and I can't get the intake snorkel to reach it like that ....
I had the intake manifold on it 2 ways as it has a slight angle to the carb side
for clearance... I put it on how it should go but the carb hits the frame
so it can't go on that way... I flipped the intake manifold over and got the carb on it that way but it is at a angle and not level and I don't care for that.
not to mention the air cleaner won't fit....
so I've decided to Make an intake manifold for it myself one that would allow it to be level and Not hit the frame.... this may will take a while to fabricate.
but I really do like the Looks of it the slide is about half again bigger than the original carb which should really improve performance... if and only if I can get that big thing tuned to the bike ! LOL which may well be a can of worms !
I had to JBweld a plastic tab I didn't see, that I broke off which was a bummer on a brand new bike. But it came out better than the original !
and you can't see it as it is under the tank fairing...
...there is also a few other issues with the setup I bought, the intake manifold on the original has a vacuum port on it and the new intake manifold doesn't and it's aluminum so I can't really slice it from the side and position it at a steeper angle and re weld it as I don't have a TIG welder just a AC stick welder.... and aluminum rod for a stick welder uses DC
so I think I will just make a intake manifold out of steel and put in a vacuum port while I am at it...
IF I do that I am hoping I can get the original air box Snorkel to fit on the carb properly but I may have to make a Radiator hose snorkel from scratch
I don't know yet ! or perhaps get a 2" flexable hose for a house heater vent
and use that HAHAHAHAH.
it was too cold to work out there for long last night so this morning I worked on it some more.... and that is the conclusion I came to this afternoon
I'll make a new intake manifold out'a steel ! LOL
(that won't be the first one and probably won't be the last either! )
problem is there is a TT250 in the shop right now all tore apart and I need to use the Shop.... so I think I'll kick it outside when it's not raining !
because it has been for the last 2 days !
Bob........