View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2022, 07:35 AM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Wow ! it really got cold out there .... into the high 20's now !
but I can only putter out in the shop for about 30 min. before my old arthritic bones say enough is enough ! and I have to go back into the warm house !
.... but I did get the flange plate I made to match the hole of the intake on the head real good now.... it's not Absolutely perfect... but very close only about a 1/64" overhang in one place... so a round file should make quick work of that
...it was about 1/32" off for half the circle but now it is spot on ....more or less!
I drilled the bolt holes small on purpose so I could get the flange to fit real well before continuing on with the build so it's a snug fit and there isn't any overhang except in one tiny spot...
I also trimmed the tube that the carb will mount on and tried to give it a bit of an upward tilt.... not real sure I accomplished anything but wasting time on that part though....
... I think I will add the vacuum port before I weld it together as it will fit better in the Mill vice as a lone tube and I can drill and tap the hole easier.
( that's the theory anyway ! LOL)
... it took longer than I anticipated to smooth out the edges of that tube !
i guess it is time to buy some more files !
I think I'll make the vacuum port out of a 1/4x28 bolt and try to drill a hole through it and then shape the outside to be a push on vacuum line fitting
... that's mighty small so I may use a 3/8" bolt instead....we'll see what it looks like.... and I'll more than likely be forced to re-align the tail-stock on the lathe to drill a 1/8" or smaller hole !
I may warm up a bit and go back out there and tack it together and see of the carb will fit on it.... i don't know.... i'm still cold typing this !
LOL
Bob......