View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2022, 09:48 PM   #16
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL I figured out how I'm gunna do it ! ....
I found a piece of 2" PVC pipe in the back... I cut off about 18" of it and took that piece into the shop.... I then cut wedges out of it in 3 places so it could bend easily
and then I plastic welded the seems and I'll cover them later with silicone glue....
then I was having a hard time deciding how to attach that piece to the air box...then it hit me.... put the tube on the carb and mark it on the air box and slowly cut slices off the PVC
till it was a good flush fit to the air box.... got that done, and then I marked the airbox as I will have to make a new hole for it and plug half of the old one.... I then drilled a bunch of holes in both pieces ( air box and PVC intake tube) and once the air box is cut to size I will wire the PVC pipe to the air box and then fill the voids with silicone glue
that should be strong and robust for decades to come ! I have to move the oil breather connection as the intake pipe is too close to it but it is removeable and therefore easy to do.....
so I have a PLAN now..... and it seems to be working I'll paint all that ugly black so it shouldn't look bad..... then I'll take it out and see what it does ! HAHAHAH!
Bob.....