View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2022, 12:18 PM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok that's a good point Jim ! dually noted !
although throttle position USUALLY corresponds with RPM.... but that is not always the case....

in this case throttle position is above idle position by about 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle.... it's Mid range and when mid range kicks in it feels lean ...when it's cold it is a very large area that it boggs in.... when it's good and warm it will go through that area fine with no bogg at all... at least in the shop in neutral
but I expect under load it will be a big sogg/bogg, area... so sense I am working on
getting the air tube connected up today I'll pass on doing any carb adjustments .... in the past I used to do 2 or 3 things at once but I have learned not to be so hasty as many things interact and can throw you off easily
if I can find some small wire in the shop I'll sew the PVC onto the Airbox and try to get the air box all buttoned up today.... I doubt I will as I have alot to do and it is cold out there....
Thanks guys !
Bob.......