View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2022, 01:31 PM   #1
Norway
ninjette.org member

Name: S n 0 r r £
Location: Stjoerdal, Norway (San Diego, CA, USA, 2015-2016 , Bielefeld, Nordrhein Westfalen,Germany 2021-'22)

Motorcycle(s): TMZ 5.952 "Tula" 200, Ninja 250 -Special ed. '11, ZZR 1400 (ZX14), Honda CB 1100 F Super Bol D'or

Should one avoid cheap air filters from for example aliexpress and similar sites?

Since I live at about 63°28′30″N 11°10′15″E I don't ride the Ninja 250 all year round. When I have taken it out for a new season I noticed that it often struggled to get the rev counter beyond 10 000 RPMs, accelerated slower and appeared weak.
Some tanks of fresh 98 octane gasoline and/or a new air filter have regained some horsepower, from time to time.
Air filters quickly get clogged around here (Trondheim surroundings, Norway) due to lots of rain that mixes with dust due to road works et cetera.
Then my question is: Is it highly recommended to buy the more expensive air filters, or could one so about as well with some from chinese online shops offering air filters for a small fraction of the price of the original parts or other more costly variants? Anyone that knows, or has solid background for own opinions?
Norway is offline   Reply With Quote