View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2022, 04:05 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[cycleworld.com] - How Much Power Does the 2023 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure Make?

How much power does the 2023 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure produce? We run the middleweight ADV machine on the Cycle World dyno to find out.

Click here to view on their site.

The 2023 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure is the Hamamatsu manufacturer’s urban middleweight adventure bike. This V-Strom, like many other Suzuki motorcycles, is a do-it-all machine that packs the capability, yet an unassuming attitude that will get you wherever you’re thinking about going.

Just days before Suzuki announcing the all-new Suzuki V-Strom 800DE and V-Strom 800DE Adventure—which are both powered by the brand new 776cc parallel-twin engine with a 270-degree crankshaft—we placed the current V-Strom 650 on the Cycle World dyno for what will likely be its final time. That means putting the coveted 645cc liquid-cooled 90-degree V-twin that also powers the SV650 through its paces.

The 2023 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure’s horsepower and torque figures recorded on the Cycle World dyno. (Robert Martin Jr./)Strapped to the Cycle World Dynojet 250i dynamometer ahead of an upcoming comparison test, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 produced a peak 66.85 horsepower at 9,210 rpm and 43.04 pound-feet of torque at 6,560. A smooth power delivery is complemented by an overall flat torque curve of the V-twin powerplant. The result is an approachable and flexible engine characteristic that works well in nearly every riding environment.

That’s what adventuring is all about, isn’t it?