View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #28
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Over 4 years and 26k miles and no problems. How many miles are you doing a season? I would say if you are only changing your oil once a season, you really don't need an oil cooler. My guess is your not even stressing the oil to long extended periods of heat and high rpms.

Even with my oil cooler I still change the oil frequently. Good oil is cheap insurance for a longer running engine.
I'm running between 3-5k miles a season, depending on the Ohio weather patterns....I always start the season with fresh oil, and then depending on how long I can go, maybe hit another one close to end of season, then change it at beginning of next. Oil cooler would be for the purpose of insurance with the oil. I ride most of my miles on the highway, so high RPMs for extended periods of times. Figured that with a $40 or so investment, couldn't be a bad thing. Was just wondering what the longevity of this was. Thanks for the response.