View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2022, 09:24 PM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL I took my RX4 out for a run today.... still rides hard but it definitely is alot better than it was !
my gas mileage on it was super bad ! something like 6.9 MPG average
and I'm trying to figure that out , that makes no sense at all when the thing is running so lean it stumbles at idle ! but perhaps it hasn't got it's self acclimatized yet...???? I got over 100 miles on it though i would think that should be enough to get it's self all figured out..... but I did notice the bike was faster revving when I got home, about half again as quick as it was before....
but I'ed hate to think it will get that kind of mileage when it's broke in ! ...lol
it's supposed to get 65MPG but I have not seen the dash say that yet it's been in the 40's till today and I filled the tank ....I didn't re set the dash ...maybe I am supposed to do that LOL
it ran great though I had a good long ride about an hours worth and my butt started getting sore so I went home....
I do think I will put on the new spring when it gets here ( if it ever does!)
that bike always impresses me on how it handles for being such a heavy pig
right up there with the Ninja ! very surprising !
max top speed was 80mph and average speed was 50~60 something....
about half the ride was in 4th or 5th gear only hit 6th gear on the straights
and I came home most the way on a dirt road.....(which she handled very well ) I do think I gott'a figure out how to lower it another 2" though ! LOL
Bob........