View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2022, 03:28 PM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Edit: New ZX-25RR announced! Original: First pixels of a real Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R?

Not exactly spy pics, but Kawasaki US is now teasing seven unannounced 2023 models to be revealed October 4th, 2022. In the teaser image (attached) at least six are bikes... probably all seven. I suppose one COULD be a personal watercraft or something but they are all under covers with one positioned where you can't see wheels even if it has them. I'm pretty sure we can see a reflection of a wheel on the floor so I'm assuming all 7 are bikes.

Five of them have spoked wheels for dual-purpose/offroad bikes but you can see one with proper sportbike rims. You can also see a bit of the lower fairing and some pipes right where the ZX-25R has them. ZX-4R is rumored to have an extended exhaust to meet EPA guidelines but you'd expect it to be the same underbelly routing as the ZX-25R up to the point where it extends out, and that may be the case here. It's also rumored to add a second front disc brake. We can see a brake from the left side but it's hard to tell if it's actually ON the left side. What do you guys think?

I'm hoping the 7th bike is the EV, HEV, or EV Endeavor.

Edit: IMGUR link is probably going to retain more pixels...
https://i.imgur.com/k5xSpNj.jpg

Post-reveal edit: Guess the sport bike is just a new 2023 Ninja 650 KRT Edition along side the Z650 version. Yeah, unceremoniously dropping it on their website would've been a strange way to announce their hybrid, electric, or ZX-4R, so I guess we are back to waiting on EICMA 2022 in November... where we were originally told to expect the ZX-4R announcement before the website tease. After these, there isn’t much left to announce for existing models returning for 2023, so Kawi must have something new for EICMA. We already know there’s an electric, a hybrid, and a small-displacement in-line 4 super sport. I’d love to se a super naked based on the ZX-4R too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MY23_oct_Teaser_hpp_desktop_r2_bkg.jpg (21.3 KB, 14 views)

Last futzed with by CZroe; October 4th, 2022 at 01:37 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.