View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2022, 12:56 PM   #7
Zpatton
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): ‘08 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I’m not familiar enough for the exhaust questions but I’m sure someone can chime in about that. It shouldn’t be too hard to find someone who upgraded and wants to sell their stock parts but you need to be mindful of any missing gaskets and hardware that might also be needed. I know the heat shield changed between 2008 and 2009 but the whole full setup should still swap.

It sounds like you’ll be looking for a lot of OEM parts. I made a PDF with the entire 2008 parts catalog which I can send when I get home. It sure beats poking through the catalog one section at a time and gives you a quick reference for the full part number (diagrams only give reference numbers). I did the same for the 2012 parts catalog so I can compare updated parts and such. No reason to get pigeonholed on an unavailable 2008 part so I’ll send both.
I figured OEM would be the easiest and cheapest, that’s all. Not really sure if I should go with OEM on the headers or if there’s any recommendations on budget aftermarket replacements.
Zpatton is offline   Reply With Quote