View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2022, 11:59 AM   #1
Washburn
ninjette.org newbie

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): 01' Ninja 250r

Smile 01' 250 restoration.

Currently working on the teardown part of my resto project. I've got some pictures but so far I've just taken the engine off the frame, took the carburetor out and started giving it a bit of clean, though I've got to wait on the rebuild kits so in the mean time I'm just cleaning EVERYTHING from the ground up. This was previously someone's project and I genuinely don't know why things were taken apart where they were but I was assured everything is with it. I've got a 2nd bike which is I believe a 1988 Ninja which was either supposed to be the bike to restore or the parts bike, etc... I'll include some pics as I go along but I was mostly taking pics for reference and joined the forum after

One big question I've been trying to figure out is that if/when I split the engine to get to the gear shift and the other internal components of the engine, how do I seal it back? Is there a gasket I have to get or is it like a rubberized sealant you put on it as you reassemble? I'm completely new to this and moto in general but I've caught a bug for this and I am usually up until the hours of the morning figuring things out. I'm really excited and look forward to the journey.

tldr; new to resto, got some pics, how do I seal an engine back up, really excited.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb1.jpg (86.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg carb2.jpg (72.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg carb3.jpg (78.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg moto1.jpg (94.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg moto2.jpg (93.8 KB, 8 views)
Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote