View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2022, 03:35 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

HAHA ! yah seems the Ninja's age better than people !
I fired up the Ninja the other day even though it hasn't ran much, turned on the choke turned on the key and hit the start button and it fired right up and started climbing in RPM like it usually does I let it go like that till it hit 3500RPM and I closed the choke and gave it some throttle at first it was reluctant to take throttle but as she warmed up she got better in about 30 to 45 seconds she was running and taking throttle normally she's slow on the throttle response till she's up to tempiture usually
which makes me think your on the right track Cali with your friends Ninja
mine did that a few times... just would not take throttle for love nor money
so I pulled the carbs and cleaned them a 3rd time ! and finally I got them to work.....

that's one thing that bugs me about the 2012 Ninja 250R that I have
it's slow throttle response when it's cold I wonder is that also a symptom of "dirty carbs"...... once warm it grabs the RPM's incredibly fast but much slower when you first start it, and it takes a long time to warm up.
.... and I discovered the gas gauge was being reluctant to work again
....it needs ridden she doesn't like to set for long periods of time it seems !

Hope you guys are getting ready for winter it's getting here fast
nights are getting close to freezing up here and days in the low 70's
in a few weeks that 70's will drop to the 40's and that will be all the bike riding for me for the year.... I hate the cold ! so get your riding in now as this great weather is not going to last much longer !
Bob.....