View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2022, 05:56 PM   #30
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I don't want to sound like doom and gloom, but from what I've been able to learn,
Getting ready for it mentally is really ALL you can do and perhaps save some money up because you can put down the strictest laws about emissions
and it will not change a thing ..you CAN'T do a thing about it, except prepare
because it is going to happen again just as it did in the past... History tells us through archaeology that the planet we live on has a changing weather pattern... it's not set up to be the same century after century...and it won't be.
it does change.... going all electric will not change that at all . Tree rings data tell a shocking story about weather, and it's been like this for thousands of years, add that to sea bead cores and you can get an idea of what is to come. and it does look like it is following the same pattern over and over....but we are talking thousands of years not a few decades ...so it is not as bad as it sounds !
so what can you do to prepair for something like this golobal weather change?
well you can be like a "Prepper" and make an underground house stocked with
guns and food and all that, but it will last 100's of years it will be all of your life
it will be Normal to your Kids and normal to your grandkids its not something that will last a decade or two and then be back to normal.... the change itself will last longer than our lifetimes... so what do you do ? the only thing you can do either move to where the weather is better or make due where you are....and we are quite used to that already....
so even though we KNOW this it is essentially a non issue.... we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it ....that's all. it's not like next year it will happen... it's a slow process and nothing to be worried about...
at the very most humans live to be 100 years old and through your whole life you might be able to see the most extream changes in the weather but that would be all.... I can see the changes in snow fall...but it is nothing to be panicked about. where I live now there used to be 6' of snow every winter by almost every storm that went through so 8'to 10' of snow on the ground was not unheard of when I was a kid. now the most we get is 3~4" a snow fall
...sure we occasionally get as much as 3' but that is rare.
... to be Honest living in America in 300 to 400 years may not be the best place on the planet to live....but then again, it may be one of the best we just don't know.....
We Humans adapt to conditions very well, I don't even think the global weather pattern change will be a hard task. but I could be very wrong there.
....we will just keep on, keeping on ...if the frigging government doesn't get us in a Nuclear war !

Bob.......

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.