View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:50 PM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL... Back in the 70's and 80's a bike battery was good for one year Max !
you couldn't buy a battery that would last longer so I just started buying K-Mart batteries. but through the years I have noticed many will last 2 or 3 years if you keep them topped off with demineralized water....(not tap water)
... I bought a AGM battery and it lasted as long as the bike did for my Honda 1100 shadow.... while I lived in Shingletown, Ca. and we had 3' of snow there !
.... and the battery was good till the Ranch fire which melted the bike ! the cooling fins on both cylinders were drooping down front hub was a puddle and many other parts simply melted off the bike.... like all the rest ! the clutch basket was exposed because the side plate melted too.... and it was parked about 30' from the house...... it got real REAL hot ! it takes 1200 degrees to melt that aluminum .... as I recycled many old Honda 90 side cases in my forge
and made aluminum billets to work with on the 3 in1 lathe I had at the time !
.... I still haven't replaced the battery in the TT250 that barely holds a charge
but it does have a kick starter on it...so it's not dire and desperate LOL.
Bob......