View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2018, 08:03 PM   #1
Uldon
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

New Rider Repair Questions

Hey, I just recently picked up my first motorcycle and went with a 2012 Ninja 250r. I've had it for a few days and so far it seems to be great except for a few problems. Its a used bike and has been dropped with quite a bit of cosmetic damage done to one side of the bike, but that is not the problem I'm currently having.

1. The mirrors, or should I say single mirror. There is only one aftermarket mirror on the left side of the bike and its tiny. Being a new rider I want normal full on mirrors on the bike, whether that is stock or aftermarket I don't care, I just want mirror suggestions that would work and aren't tiny little circles. I've looked into finding mirrors for the 2012 and have come up short, no big website seems to sell them in stock or anything that looks similar for a reasonable price. I've ordered a pair that said they would fit my bike on amazon, but ended up being way to big to fit into the mirror slots. I don't want bar ends or slits for mirrors, I'm just looking for something that gives me a decent view of whats going on behind me. I don't even know if the stock mirrors are any good at that, I've never got the chance to use them, so any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

2. Flush Mount Turn signals. On the left side of the bike the cap that goes over the light was knocked off during a crash. The light still works fine, but the cap is gone. Are there any common flush mounts you guys use on your bikes? Any way I can find the stock ones? I'd prefer to only have to replace the damaged side with the same ones from the right side, but if there are good alternatives to go about this, I'd love some suggestions.

Thank you in advance for anybody that can help me out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180520_183452.jpg (71.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180520_183504.jpg (53.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180520_183510.jpg (61.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180520_183517.jpg (57.0 KB, 3 views)
Uldon is offline   Reply With Quote