View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #8
Gearbox Paul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2007 CBR 125R (sold)

Update - received and installed windscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox Paul View Post
I was looking at windscreens for my '10 Ninja 250. I find the smoke windscreen looks quite nice on a red bike. AliExpress sells some for dirt cheap, i.e. 1/10th of the price of a Zero Gravity double bubble screen. I'm looking specifically at the one in the link below. The reviews on it are excellent. I'm sure it's not the quality of the Zero Gravity screen. But, from the comments, it fits fine and the pictures of it installed on the bike look good. For $11, it looks like pretty good value I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these cheap screens from AliExpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...archweb201603_
I received the windscreen from Ali Express. It took about 3 weeks from ordering it. The screen arrived well-packed with lots of padding material. When I opened the package I was pleasantly surprised. The screen looks really good, the edges are all smooth and the there is no excess plastic to trim off from the injection molding process. The holes aligned with the bike and the fit was perfect - no need to bend the screen or the fairing to make it fit.

The "double bubble" is not much of a bubble. You can see from the picture comparing it to the OEM screen, it's not much higher than the OEM, compared to say a Zero Gravity screen would be. So I wasn't expecting much difference for wind resistance. I took the bike out on the freeway and there is only a marginal improvement. The wind hits my helmet about half way up (I'm 5' 8") whereas it hit around my neck with the OEM screen.

I only purchased the screen because I wanted a dark windscreen for my bike, as opposed to the OEM clear screen (strictly for cosmetic reasons). For $11, I got a dark screen and, in my opinion, it looks really good on the red Ninja. So all in all, I'm pretty happy with it and it's good value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0533.JPG (28.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0534.JPG (26.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0535.JPG (24.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0536.JPG (36.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0537.JPG (34.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0538.JPG (35.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0539.JPG (35.9 KB, 0 views)
Gearbox Paul is offline   Reply With Quote