View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2015, 03:58 PM   #7
HerpDerp1919
ninjette.org member

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250

The first time i cleaned them, I took them entirely apart. Fuel mixture screws, jets, needles and seats. If you could remove it, It came off. Soaked the carburetors in parts cleaner/ carb cleaner overnight along with the jets and needles. re-assembled. No fire due to old plugs.
Second time, complete tear down again, sprayed carb cleaner in everything and checked all passageways are clear with an air compressor and blew into them with my mouth as well. Re-assemble. Still a throttle issue.
Third time, I pulled the jets and needle and seat out. Verified there were no clogs in the jets and the needles werent sticking. Re-assemble. Still issue.
The second and third time I had my grandfather alongside who has cleaned many a carbs in his day and he is stumped as well. Ive looked at diagrams to make sure I have everything plumbed correctly and I do. The only thing I cant seem to find is what those big plunger (vacuum) things do in the carb. Theyre the big black plastic things inside the carb up top. Any ideas are appreciated. Were checking the valves tonight. Hopefully. Sorry for a long post
HerpDerp1919 is offline   Reply With Quote