View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2020, 02:49 PM   #1
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Thinking of lowering front and rear.

So, as title states, I'm thinking about dropping the bike down lower. Not for any height issues. I just want a low bike. A "tiny 250".

Obviously they have dogbones for the rear. That part is simple.

My question is for the front. Running by yall, for additional input.

1. My aftermarket handlebars are not typical " clip ons". They mount in stock bolting holes as stock. Yet they allow fork tubes to be raised/lowered. The issue/main concern: optimal geometry can be matched with lowered rear. But i now would have less fork travel/ bottom out issues, if tubes were raised higher through the tubes. I am under the impression, i can offset this with stiffer spring, and/or oil viscosity.

Going to say short answer is " yes" its do-able, but I have some math to factor in, between distance lowered in front, my weight, and spring rates. And all of that will change, depending on the desired height change.

Not forgetting to take into account for the kickstand height, and possible hard parts that may touch down, when cornering.

Any additional thoughts/input to concider? ( with all geometry the same, just lower)

As for kickstand, some additional info. Prior owner dropped it. Kickstand is bent, and the bike leans WAY over. ( i feel like its going to drop, even though I know i put the stand down. I figure lowering, will offset that crazy kickstand lean angle. ( but i may have to keep an eye on it, if lowered, on cornering clearance.)

Last futzed with by GAU-8; December 16th, 2020 at 09:17 PM.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote