Thread: Wheelies
View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #1
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Wheelies

Hi all, I'm in the process of learning wheelies and wanted to see if any of the posters here want to start a discussion on them. I have a few questions I would like to ask someone with the knowledge. A couple issues I keep running into are 1) when dumping the clutch I can't seem to hold the bars well enough with my left hand because the pointer finger I use to hold the clutch doesn't make its way back in time. This creates an imbalance that I have to correct before setting the front back down.
2) where do you place your weight on the bike? Squatting seems to help a bit but when pumping the front downward my weight shifts forward too much which kills the wheelie. Is a lot of force necessary to get the front up or should I let the bike do all the work? I've heard you should "come up with the bike" but I'm still unsure what this means for my body placement.
3)Hand placement on the throttle- to get this bikes front end up you've gotta give it a lot of throttle. What I'm worried about is the point of too much. Is it too much to go WOT at the rpm you dump the clutch? Or should you hit your balance point fairly quick and be revving at that point?

I just want to say in advance I know there are some who will try to discourage
This topic but please just be open to different types of 'skills' and/or styles. This issome something I have always wanted to learn and I think it is safer than what I would be doing otherwise so please respect this thread thx!
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng is offline   Reply With Quote