View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #4
mz_twee
ninjette.org member

Name: twee

Motorcycle(s): 09 black 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
This is true, for the most part. Largely in part because cruisers tend to have exposed that aren't wrapped in plastic. On top of that, they also often times have a good bit of frame that runs under the motor itself that can take the weight AND they tend to be much more stable on an engine lift due to a low center of gravity as compared to more or less any sport bike.

The only time you'd really want a lift instead of stands is when removing the front end entirely. Even then, a rearstand is usually used in addition. Front and Rear stands are stable and good for the majority of maintenance and work to be done on more or less any sportbike.

EDIT: This is also assuming that a lift you are considering is this:

and not this:

yea the one i want is the 1st one and not the 2nd...i just thought it be more convenient in the long run with maintenance and fix ups compared to the stands alone. my bro just bought a 650 and we're installing frame sliders and lowering both bikes...i was just wondering if its still ok if i bought it for my 250 since i see the lift advertise for sportsbikes too
mz_twee is offline   Reply With Quote