View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2019, 05:42 PM   #9
Fixit
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Harley XL1200C, Kawasaki ex250

Thanks.

I posted about the carb problems and got a response that since I was new an admin had to review the post first.....

This is a 2005 250. It runs fine. I can't do wheelies on it, but haven't really tried either. I had it up to over 80 mph. Just runs rich and won't idle well below 2000 rpm. The floats had previously stuck, the gas in the engine was only half oil. Wait, I meant the oil was half gas. The oil filter was assembled wrong. A screw went through the tank. All the usual stuff.

Had the carbs out multiple times and cleaned/ inspected. Cannot find anything wrong.

Borrowed a set of carbs that have never been touched, the air/fuel screws still plugged and none of the bowl screws or any other screws were messed up either. these carbs looked like new. Both sets run rich. We are not new to carbs here. Been working on carbs for many years, but these ninja carbs are baffling.

I recently just took a Harley out of storage that sat for 7 years with the gas in it and cleaned out the tank and cleaned the carbs with no problems. This thing sat for far less and just won't cooperate.

Tried searching for "clean carbs ducatiman" and got a whole list of posts and trying to find a good specific one is hard without getting distracted and falling off the path.
Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote